A safe return to the office is on the forefront of everyone’s mind.
We are here to help offer advice and support to return your staff to the office safely.
After a global disruption that we have all experienced there is a need for a clear and decisive strategy for business leaders to begin to return staff back to the office, assuring them they are safe & their health & wellbeing is a priority in the office environment.
Our approach will look at the return transition from a practical, physical, mental, social & an emotional point of view. Here are some tips that form the basis for the support we are providing businesses to get return ready.
Consider the working space you have.
Re-space plan your office & establish flexible working:
- Remote work options
- Alternate shifts of A/B team schedules
- Phase employees’ return to work in stages
Clearly document flexible space usage:
- Assign seats and storage for individuals
- Dedicate meeting spaces and neighbourhoods for teams
Other areas within your space.
Change how meeting rooms work:
- Consider repurposing meeting rooms to desk space
- Reduce meeting participants
- Utilise technology more
- Meetings can still have the right number of participants, you may just need to video conference two rooms at once
- Ensure touch panels are regularly cleaned
Moving around your space.
Getting from A to B:
- Enforce a one-way system where possible
- Stay to the left in corridors and between desks
- Stay alert – don’t walk whilst on your phone
One at a time:
- Toilets should be used on a one in one out regime
- Tea points should be used one at a time
- Make your own food and drink
Homeworking is now more part of the office environment
Stay connected with your staff:
- Provide more opportunities to collaborate through Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams
- Introduce space for VC opportunities
- Mobile screens to bring staff into the space
- Morning scrums are now essential to not lose touch
- Face to face time isn’t just for shop talk, emotional connectivity is more important when remote
Enhance what you have.
Furniture Solutions & technology:
- Perspex screens for desks
- Disposable desk mats
- Power poles for working away from desks
- Moveable space dividers
- Mobile vc units to connect homeworkers
- Floor standing screens for changing space usage
- Mobile units to keep a distance whilst collaborating
Health & cleanliness.
Direct staff safety & support:
- Supply your staff with disposable face masks
- Screen staff temperatures upon arrival
- Supply hand sanitiser stations
Promote good habits:
- Implement daily cleaning & sterilisation protocols
- Post visible reminders to wash hands
- Supply hand sanitiser and disinfectant wipes
- Provide personal mugs, water bottles and dishwashers with Sani-wash cycles
Support from our print partners
Reminders & guidance:
- Hand sanitiser guidance
- Social distancing reminders
- Company policies
- Support pamphlets
- Taping out floors showing 2m spaces
- Countertop sneeze guards for reception and cafes
- Vinyl floor stickers for waiting points
- Roll up banners
- Mirror stickers
- Disposable desk mats
Planning office layouts & changes:
- Maximise daylight & exterior views where possible
- Keep fresh air flowing
- Specify fabric and finishes with antimicrobial properties
Add touchless tech & future furniture:
- Doors, lighting, elevators, security systems
- Audio/visual equipment
- Height-adjustable tables, task lights